Microsoft Outlook always allows you for configuring your personalized email account and further access the important mails offline. We will be helping you in making configuration between your account of Yahoo! Mail with the email client of Outlook 2013 via IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol.).
Before starting with the configuration process, you first need to make some changes in the account of Yahoo mail.
- Using the web browser, sign in to your account of Yahoo mail.
- Opt the gear icon at the upper-right section and tap on the ‘Account Info’ menu. You can even access the page of ‘Account Info’ by moving the cursor of mouse on your user name just before gear icon.
- Opt the menu ‘Account Security’ positioned at the left side option.
- Scroll down for finding ‘Allow apps that use less secure sign-in’ and then turn it ON by taking the slider to right.
Due to the security purpose, yahoo blocks the access on few of the non-Yahoo apps and the programs. This is the main reason why the users of Yahoo face difficulty in making configuration of the accounts. Sign in allowance resolve the issue. Take your step ahead for setting the Outlook configuration.
- Open the Outlook and move to the ‘File’ menu. Opt ‘Info’ and then ‘Add account.’
- Now tap on the ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ and then ‘Next.’
- Choose from the IMAP and then hit ‘Next.’
- Complete form by entering the correct information. Take any reference from guide below.
|Your Name||Type in your first and last name.|
|Incoming mail server||imap.mail.yahoo.com|
|Outgoing mail server (SMTP)||smtp.mail.yahoo.com|
|Password||Yahoo password. Create an app password in case Two-step verification is enabled.|
- Select the box from the in front “require logon using secure password authentication (SPA)”
- Tap On “more settings” option
- Click on ‘Outgoing Server’ tab and then check ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ menu.
- Now hit on ‘Advanced’ tab and then complete following information.
- Opt ‘Next’ and then wait for while the establishment of communication. You will get to see ‘Close’ menu when task is done successfully. Tap on it and then start using the personalized Yahoo! Mail through the Outlook 2013.
- Double-check settings if error occurs.
In case of any complexity directly reach out to the Yahoo customer support Team. For reaching out to them simply dial Yahoo Mail technical Support number 1-877-885-4824 or Yahoo Tech Support Phone number 1-877-885-4824.